MIDI Yoke Installation - Windows XP Home Edition
is a pictorial description of how to install MIDI Yoke for Windows XP Home
Edition. The red ovals indicate settings and
To Install MIDI Yoke NT driver in Windows XP Home Edition, you need to navigate to the Control Panel | Performance and Maintenance screen and choose System. Now choose the Hardware tab:
1) The initial screen. Press Add Hardware Wizard.
2) Choose Add
3) The above screen is displayed while searching...
4) Claim that the hardware is connected (there is no hardware).
5) Choose Add a new hardware device...
6) Say that we want to select from a list.
7) It is a Sound device.
8) Choose Have Disk...
9) Browse... to the location where you have unzipped the Install files. You can unzip them to a diskette if you wish.
10) The myinst directory (above) is where I unzipped the files to. Your directory is probably different. Choose the OEMSETUP.INF file. Note: If your explorer is set up to hide extensions for known types, the dialog may only display OEMSETUP. Press Open...
11) Now the dialog shows your installation directory. Choose OK.
12) The driver works pretty well for 1000's of users, but you'll have to decide for yourself. I can't afford to pay thousands of dollars for testing of this driver, only to give it away.
13) The installer is almost ready to install. Press Next.
14) The installer is ready to install. Press Next.
15) Another warning about Windows Logo/Digital Signing. MIDI Yoke NT precedes any digital signature. The driver works pretty well for 1000's of users, but you'll have to decide for yourself. You will get this dialog if you have digital signature warnings turned on. If you have digital signatures required turned on you will not be able to install the driver, unless you change that setting.
[Editorial Note: I can't afford $400 (per year!) for a Digital Certificate from Verisign, or to pay several thousand dollars to Microsoft to have them test the driver, only to give it away for free. I think the industry needs to come up with a better solution for freeware/shareware authors.]
16) The number of ports is now fixed at 8 (version 1.59). Press OK.
18) Done. Reboot.