User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Un-installed Midiox & Midiyoke &  Cub »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 10:38pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Questions and Discussion
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Un-installed Midiox & Midiyoke &  Cub
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Un-installed Midiox & Midiyoke &  Cub  (Read 915 times)
REPOMAN

MIDI-OX Rules!

Un-installed Midiox & Midiyoke &  Cub
« on: Nov 24th, 2005, 6:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I used to use an Atari with cubase, beautiful, then it broke, got a pc (with Windows XP), got cubase sx, sysex transmission doesn't work (amongst other things) I thought I would would get some freeware that could do Sysex dumps, but I am a musician not a computer buff and midiox and midiyoke have baffled me, having used cubase on the Atari I am sure there is an easier way for me to do Sysex dumps (although I do not claim to know how yet). So I un-installed both but now if I use a VST instument with my midi keyboard the note latches, it can be moved to another note but it holds that note.  Is there a chance there is a part of the programmes embedded somewhere in the depths of my computer that I cannot find, please help because I really am not that good with pcs and I am missing making music bad
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Un-installed Midiox & Midiyoke &  Cub
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 12:59pm »

No.  If you uininstalled, then the MIDI-OX software has been removed.  MIDI Yoke is just a Windows virtual driver, but the driver may remain on the system after un-installing.  To be absolutely sure and physically remove it, you can delete the MYokeNT.DLL from the Windows System32 folder.  

You should probably see if the particular VST you are using is in Latch mode.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2005, 12:59pm by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

REPOMAN

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26th, 2005, 9:26am »

Thanks very much for the quick response, since posting the message I found the myokent.dll file in the windows system 32 folder but I cannot get rid since it says that the disk must be write protected or the file is in use, obviously windows is now mistaking the file as an integral piece of windows. I know that this file is not dorment since all the midi yoke connections are still listed in cubase, as for leaving the latch on the vst instument I am certain I haven't because I wouldn't even know how to do that.
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26th, 2005, 1:26pm »

To uninstall MIDI Yoke, try using Add/Remove Programs  in the control panel.  If it's not listed there, open control panel | System Applet [Hardware] [Device Manager] and look under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  If it's there, right click, and choose Uninstall.  If it's not, expand Legacy Audio Devices [Properties].  Select it and choose Remove.  

After doing any of the above, reboot your machine, and then you should be able to delete the driver.

On the other issue: some devices may go into Latch mode by default.  I don't think MIDI Yoke or MIDI-OX is affecting this one way or the other.
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2005, 1:40pm by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.