User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Can Steinberg V-Stack be fixed by MIDI-OX? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 4:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Questions and Discussion
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Can Steinberg V-Stack be fixed by MIDI-OX?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can Steinberg V-Stack be fixed by MIDI-OX?  (Read 1608 times)
drez

MIDI-OX Rules!

Can Steinberg V-Stack be fixed by MIDI-OX?
« on: Dec 9th, 2002, 12:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have just purchased the Steinberg product V-Stack which is basically a VST host that looks like CubaseSX.  

http://www.steinberg.net/en/ps/products/music_production/v-stack/index.p hp?sid=0

The problem is that when you load a VSTi on a channel, you can only assign a midi "port" to the VSTi, not a midi "channel"!!!  The only way you can play multiple VSTi's is by having multiple midi ports.

I was wondering if the MIDI-OX or YOKE product could help me "emulate" a virtual port?  This way I could map a virtual port to midi channel 1, map another virtual port to midi channel 2, etc so that I could get around this shortcoming.

If either of these products could do this, I think everybody that bought V-Stack would get the utility that could fix it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  

/drez
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Can Steinberg V-Stack be fixed by MIDI-OX?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2002, 9:17pm »

Theoretically, you should be able to combine MIDI-OX and MIDI Yoke to get multiple ports for input to this program.  I don't have it so I can only describe it in general terms.  You would install MIDI-OX and MIDI Yoke (MIDI Yoke NT for 2000, XP).  Next you would open MIDI-OX Options | MIDI Devices..., and choose your hardware interface as Input and MIDI-OX 1 ... N as Output.  You can then configure which channels should be assigned to each pair (input -- output).  In V-Stack you'd assign a different MIDI Yoke port to each VSTi and/or DXi.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2002, 10:14am by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

drez

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: Can Steinberg V-Stack be fixed by MIDI-OX?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2002, 11:35pm »

YES!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Awesome!  This works.  I am going to put it through some more rigorous testing with my Kurzweil K2600 and 8 zones, but I'm cycling through the midi channels on my Oxygen 8 and it is working so far.

I have promoted the product on Cubase.net as a work around for this Steinberg shortcoming, so hopefully you will get more contributions.  Thank you for a great product!

/Daniel Reznicek
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.