User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - sonar +midiyoke + microkorg soundEditor [resolved] »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 6:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   sonar +midiyoke + microkorg soundEditor [resolved]
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: sonar +midiyoke + microkorg soundEditor [resolved]  (Read 3239 times)
tv_is_evil

MIDI-OX Rules!

sonar +midiyoke + microkorg soundEditor [resolved]
« on: Dec 12th, 2008, 10:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi all

i've tried searching the forum for something that's remotely close to my problem, and i can't seem to find one.

i've just upgraded to a new audio midi interface (Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i/o) with my current setup of Sonar 4, and i'm having problems with trying to get both midi on Sonar and midi on Microkorg SoundEditor to run simultaneously.  

basically, im trying to record midi on Sonar, at the same time have SoundEditor run at the same time for quick patch change. BUT because of Focusrite's NON-multi-client midi driver, i can only run either software at any one time, which slows down my workflow drastically.

i used to this with no problems with my last midi interface which is the M-Audio Quattro, which DOES have multi-client midi driver, meaning i can both record midi in Sonar AND run SoundEditor for quick patch change at the same time.

i've since tried MidiYoke, but it seems that i'm at a lost still simply because if i choose "Focusrite MIDI" on the SoundEditor, i wouldnt be able to select that in Sonar, because even with MidiYoke installed, i still have to somehow be able to select "Focusrite MIDI" in the midi tracks in Sonar.

on the other hand, selecting "In/Out From MidiYoke" in SoundEditor does NOT really connect my Focusrite to the SoundEditor either, and of course, you'll get the obvious "ERROR: No Device Found, Check Midi Device Setting" message.

help! Huh thanks in advanced
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2008, 12:16am by tv_is_evil » IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

Re: sonar + midiyoke + microkorg soundEditor
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2008, 9:31am »

This thread talks about a similar issue - two bits of software, one output:
http://www.midiox.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=query;action=display;nu m=1221947622
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
tv_is_evil

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2008, 8:00pm »

thanks peter. ive since tried the solution from the other thread, but still fail to connect my microkorg soundEditor through the midiYoke outputs. it seems like my Microkorg keyboard and the soundEditor can only connect directly through the main Saffire Pro Outputs, not MidiYoke.

(this SoundEditor configuration does not seem to work)
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2008, 12:47pm »

A MIDI Yoke device is a virtual MIDI cable.

You've plugged one end of Yoke 1 into the output of MIDI OX and the other end into the input to MIDI OX.

Just like what would happen with almost any MIDI device, this is BAD.  You're sending the output back to the input and creating a feedback loop.

As in the other thread, the first thing to do is draw out what you want the connections to be.  Where you need to split a connection into two or merge two connections into one, introduce MIDI OX and MIDI Yoke.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2008, 12:47pm by Peter L Jones » IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
tv_is_evil

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 11:04am »

understood. i guess what i'm trying to do is:

microkorg soundEditor ---        
                        |___midiYoke___midiOx___midiYoke___SaffirePro
                        |      
sonar -------------------

(in and out)

and this is possible with midiOx / midiYoke?
IP Logged
tv_is_evil

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 25th, 2008, 10:12pm »

figured it out! its actually very straight forward, now that ive got the microkorg saying yes to midiYoke.

thanks all! its working like a breeze now!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.