User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Can Midi Yoke BLOCK programs? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 4:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Can Midi Yoke BLOCK programs?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can Midi Yoke BLOCK programs?  (Read 1571 times)
noiseboyuk

MIDI-OX Rules!

Can Midi Yoke BLOCK programs?
« on: Nov 8th, 2008, 8:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'd appreciate a bit of help to see if Midi Yoke and / or Ox can help in my situation.  I use midi in different ways on two separate systems, but both have very similar problems connected to Adobe Audition.  Basically it conflicts with the system in both cases - on one system, Audtion flashes madly in multitrack mode and pushes CPU usage to 100%, and on the other it always launches with a "mdi in device in use" message. I've removed all midi devices within the program, to no avail.  So I simply want to bypass all midi information from Audition (which seems to be impossible within the program).

Is there any way I can use Midi Yoke / Ox to, effectively, patch over Audition internally?  The other programs I use with midi successfully are Pyramix (a DAW) connected to a HUI controller via midi from the M-audio soundcard on one system, and Sonar LE and a midi USB keyboard on the other.

Any help gratefully received!
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Can Midi Yoke BLOCK programs?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2008, 4:40pm »

>>
always launches with a "mdi in device in use" message
<<
MIDI Yoke is multi-client, so that message wouldn't be caused as a result of MIDI Yoke, but make sure you don't have a feedback loop going which might cause the Audition flashing.
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

noiseboyuk

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: Can Midi Yoke BLOCK programs?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13th, 2008, 5:34pm »

Thanks - I did find the problem on one machine buried in Audition.  The other is still a mystery!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.