User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - myokent driver corrupted after install »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 2:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   myokent driver corrupted after install
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: myokent driver corrupted after install  (Read 2614 times)
electroflux

MIDI-OX Rules!

myokent driver corrupted after install
« on: Jun 1st, 2008, 12:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi.I am using a padkontrol with the nk live software which uses midi yoke and bomes midi translator.I have been having problems with it and the only problem i can find is that the myokent driver is corrupted according to the korg usb midi driver tool,even after removing midiyoke and reinstalling it the driver shows as corrupted.

I removed the corrupted driver and reinstalled midiyoke but it keeps showing as corrupted.I searched for any trace of midi yoke and couldn't find anything before i reinstalled so is the driver corrupted?How do i ensure i have removed it?

Thanks.
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: myokent driver corrupted after install
« Reply #1 on: Jun 2nd, 2008, 1:22pm »

Quote:
...only problem i can find is that the myokent driver is corrupted according to the korg usb midi driver tool

I have never heard of this tool.  It's likely in error, perhaps it's mistaken because MIDI Yoke is a User Mode (i.e. not Kernel Mode) driver.

You can ensure it'e removed by uninstalling and reboot.  After reboot go to System32 and delete MYokeNT.dll.

I recommend testing the MIDI Yoke driver with MIDI-OX to convince yourself that it is not corrupted (whatever that means).

« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2008, 1:25pm by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

electroflux

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: myokent driver corrupted after install
« Reply #2 on: Jun 2nd, 2008, 2:07pm »

on Jun 2nd, 2008, 1:22pm, Jamie OConnell wrote:

I have never heard of this tool.  It's likely in error, perhaps it's mistaken because MIDI Yoke is a User Mode (i.e. not Kernel Mode) driver.

You can ensure it'e removed by uninstalling and reboot.  After reboot go to System32 and delete MYokeNT.dll.

I recommend testing the MIDI Yoke driver with MIDI-OX to convince yourself that it is not corrupted (whatever that means).

Thanks.It turns out the myokeNT driver always shows as corrupted,probably for the reason you suggested.I had noticed it before i had any issues and thought it was a broken driver then but i didn't cause any noticeable problems so i left it.

There were several other midi drivers on my system from previous midi controllers which the korg midi utility listed so i was able to remove them.I then reinstalled everything and everything is working properly now.

The korg midi utility is a tool to install the midi drivers for korg devices as a lot of them have usb now.You can install the drivers for any korg device from one application insead of having a seperate installer for each one.The good thing is it shows all other midi drivers installed on the system as well and it's possible to remove them with it. Wink

Cheers.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.