User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - midi yoke with midi quest xl »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 4:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   midi yoke with midi quest xl
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: midi yoke with midi quest xl  (Read 2915 times)
darth_fader

MIDI-OX Rules!

midi yoke with midi quest xl
« on: Mar 11th, 2007, 7:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

in the midi quest xl manual it says to use midi yoke if your midi interface is not multiclient...so i got midi yoke.  im trying to use midi yoke to use cubase SX2 and midi quest xl at the same time.  has anyone ever done this?  i have NO IDEA how to set cubase to make this work.  ive tried everything i can think of.

any help is greatly appreciated.

IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

Re: midi yoke with midi quest xl
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12th, 2007, 5:05am »

You'll also need MIDI OX.

Then:
1) Open your MIDI interface as an input in MIDI OX and MIDI Yoke Junction 1 (say) as an output.
2) Open MIDI Yoke Junction 1 as an input in Cubase
3) Open MIDI Yoke Junction 1 as an input in MIDI Quest
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
darth_fader

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12th, 2007, 1:26pm »

thanx for the response peter, but im not quite following.  by 'your MIDI interface' do you mean on a midi track?  and 'in cubase' do you mean in the device manager?  on a midi track?
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12th, 2007, 2:25pm »

on Mar 11th, 2007, 7:33pm, darth_fader wrote:
in the midi quest xl manual it says to use midi yoke if your midi interface is not multiclient...so i got midi yoke.  im trying to use midi yoke to use cubase SX2 and midi quest xl at the same time.  has anyone ever done this?

on Mar 12th, 2007, 1:26pm, darth_fader wrote:
thanx for the response peter, but im not quite following.  by 'your MIDI interface' do you mean on a midi track?  and 'in cubase' do you mean in the device manager?  on a midi track?

Your MIDI Interface is the MIDI interface you're having problems opening from two applications at once.

I've never used Cubase.  Just replace your MIDI interface with the MIDI Yoke junction you're using as an output in MIDI OX.
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.