User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Sibelius (4.1) again »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 4:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Sibelius (4.1) again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sibelius (4.1) again  (Read 2298 times)
Russell_D

MIDI-OX Rules!

Sibelius (4.1) again
« on: Jul 28th, 2006, 11:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm trying to get Sibelius to play the EWQL sound library, and it seems like there are an awful lot of steps and tweaks invovled.

I'm writing a piano concerto, so I need all 16 midi channels. It seems that I need MIDI Yoke as throughput between Sibelius and its Kontakt (gold) player. I can't use the Kompakt player that comes with EWQL because it only has 8 channels.

It seems that Midi Yoke only has 8 channels as well. Sad

Has anyone any experience in this area?
Thanks.
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

Re: Sibelius (4.1) again
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2006, 3:32pm »

One port = 16 channels.

MIDI Yoke has eight PORTS = 128 channels.
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Thomas

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 5th, 2006, 12:35pm »

Hi Dave, it is quit frustrating when people give you a short answer like above without a explanation ,isn't it?
However, i am a composer that uses sibelius 3 and 4 together with silver, gold , and quantem leap choir, all from eastwest.
I have some what the same problem,....
However you can get 16 channel for 1 midi yoke.
in the Kompakt player, Leftside   above groep edit and just under transpose you will see omni.Click on it and a drop list falls down. You can open your kompakt player many times at once. just when one player is open and loaded, clik on the desk icon of eastwest again. now a new empty player will show up.
The trick is, (because you already have 8 instruments loaded in the other player,) to go under omni down to channel 9.
Every time you load this 2cnd player with it's 8 instruments, give it a new channel.(9 -16)

In sibelius you have to set the channels in the mixer but all will be still  midiyoke 1 only the channells will vary from 1 untill 16.

Hope this works,
My problem and perhaps yours to is that mediyoke 2 up to 8 will also play midi yoke 1 on the same moment. havn't got a answer to that yet.No body really explains  clearly how  step by step to get 128 channels from 8 midiyokes.....
Thomas Penders
http://www.thomaspenders.com
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

« Reply #3 on: Sep 5th, 2006, 2:41pm »

on Sep 5th, 2006, 12:35pm, Thomas wrote:
Hi Dave, it is quit frustrating when people give you a short answer like above without a explanation ,isn't it?
I sometimes have good days, too... Wink
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.