User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Weird Problem XP + Soundblaster »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 4:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Weird Problem XP + Soundblaster
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Weird Problem XP + Soundblaster  (Read 1627 times)
Fabiola

MIDI-YOKE Rules!

Weird Problem XP + Soundblaster
« on: Jun 5th, 2006, 4:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello to all:

I have a weird problem trying to run MIDI Yoke on XP professional.

I've installed the driver succesfully on a Pentium IV machine, 1 GB RAM, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, XP Professional (Spanish) but I have no sound. According to the SoundBlaster's device manager the MIDI Yoke Driver is active, running and no conflicts exists. But no sound!  

When I returned to the SoundBlaster  Synth for the MIDI Out the sound is OK.  

Funny but I've installed the same driver on a Win 2000 (English) Pentium II machine, 256 MB RAM, with prebuilt-in soundcard and works very fine!

I'm using the automated installation of the MSI version of the driver on both machines.  

My tests on both machines are the same and with the same versions of the software: Jescola Buzz + (Noteworthy Player  /or Sonar /or Windows Media Player) and only works very fine on Win 2000!  

Can somebody help me please!

Thanks in advance!

Fabiola

(sorry about my bad english but spanish is my native language)
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

Re: Weird Problem XP + Soundblaster
« Reply #1 on: Jun 5th, 2006, 2:19pm »

I didn't have any problems with your English...  Except I don't understand what you're using MIDI Yoke for.
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 5th, 2006, 4:35pm »

MIDI Yoke does not make sound by itself:  It is a MIDI 'Patch Cable', that acts as a conduit for MIDI Messages from one application to Another.  

Eventually that MIDI data has to be output to a MIDI interface and device (external) or a Software or Hardware Synthesizer (SB Synth).
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Fabiola

MIDI-YOKE Rules!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 5th, 2006, 6:51pm »

Hello:

Oh I'm sorry my last post was a quite bit confusing.

The use that I want for MIDI Yoke is for connecting midi sequencing-playing software (for example NoteWorthy Player, Sonar or Windows Media Player) with another midi sequencing software in my case Jescola Buzz.  

(MIDI Player Software) ---> (MIDI YOKE) ---> (Buzz)

^         ^

(I want to play there the midi file) (and obtain sound here)  

The idea is to play an external midi file and obtain the sound that I want inside Buzz in order to use the vast synthezisers that I have inside Buzz.

I did that on my Pentium II-Win 2000 succesfully asigning the MIDI Yoke as the default player for any midi file inside my machine. Regarding Sonar I choose inside the software the MIDI Yoke NT: 1 as the default midi player, and with Buzz open at the same time and after asign a Synthesizer I only hit "Play" on Sonar (or any other midi player software) and inmediately I have Buzz playing the external midi file through the MIDI Yoke.

But with the same versions of software and with the same settings, I did exactly the same procedure on my Pentium IV-XP machine I can't obtain any sound inside Buzz. I've tried another midi ports for MIDI Yoke NT:1 to NT:8 but I have no sound with Yoke inside Buzz.

Thanks Peter and Jamie for your soon response.

Fabiola
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

« Reply #4 on: Jun 6th, 2006, 5:11pm »

I'm wondering whether your audio set up in Buzz is correct.  Can you get Buzz playing sounds when not triggered by external MIDI input?  (For example, "Cyanphase mC-1 machine"? Note that I'm relying on Google!  I don't know Buzz.)
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Fabiola

MIDI-YOKE Rules!

« Reply #5 on: Jun 7th, 2006, 9:30pm »

Hello Peter:

Yes Buzz is working perfectly when not is triggered by an external midi on XP, that's its why I call this a "weird problem" because MIDI Yoke works perfectly with Buzz on a Win 2000 machine, but when I'm trying to do the exactly same setup on a XP machine doesn't work.

I'm using exactly the same versions, and the same settings of the software in both machines, the only differece is that the machine where MIDI Yoke is working fine is the one running Win 2000 in English with a prebuilt sound card, and doesn't work in the machine that is running XP in Spanish with a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 SZ.

In fact I don't have any kind of conflicts  with SoundBlaster and my other software (e.g. Buzz, Sonar, Midi Players etc.) The only thing is that MIDI Yoke doesn't work on my XP machine. (according to the device manager on XP it says that MIDI Yoke is installed, running and there is no conflicts).

I don't know if this is a kind of conflict or incompatibility with MIDI Yoke with the Soundblaster card running on XP in Spanish.
(Oh, by the way, the version of XP that I have is XP Professional Service Pack 2 in Spanish, and of course is up to date)

I'm very confused  Huh

Thanks for your soon response!  

Fabiola
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 1:15pm »

As an experiment, download MIDI-OX and install it.  It comes with a simple MIDI file player, MIDI Bar.  On the MIDI Bar ToolBar choose MIDI Yoke 1 as your output device.  In Buzz (or whatever), choose MIDI Yoke 1 as your input device.  Load a MIDI file into MIDI Bar and press [Play].  Do you hear sound?
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Fabiola

MIDI-YOKE Rules!

« Reply #7 on: Jun 15th, 2006, 4:57am »

Hello Jamie:

Yes I downloaded MIDI-OX and now I have sound inside Buzz!! Cheesy

The only remaning detail is that only works with standard Buzz machines, not with the additional VSTI synths that I use inside Buzz.

I've made tests on Win 2000 with MIDI Yoke and MIDI-OX and the VSTI's works very fine inside Buzz, but not on XP. Huh

I think that this is probably a trouble inside Buzz, maybe regarding XP installation (Because Buzz is NT native). I guess that I will need to post this question in Buzz forums.

But for practical purpouses my question was answered and my trouble solved!

I wish to give the thanks to Peter and Jamie for all your patience, help and soon answers!

Kisses to both! Kiss

Fabiola
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.