User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - How do I use Midi Yoke with Digital Ear? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 4:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   How do I use Midi Yoke with Digital Ear?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How do I use Midi Yoke with Digital Ear?  (Read 1361 times)
Jez_X

MIDI-OX Rules!

How do I use Midi Yoke with Digital Ear?
« on: Mar 17th, 2006, 6:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there.I have recently purchased a product called Digital Ear.I don't know if any of you lot are familiar with it.
As I purchased the "Real Time" version,I also downloaded Midi Yoke so that I can run the application at the same time as Cubase SX. At first I couldn't get Cubase to share the drivers for my Terratech EWS 88MT soundcard,but after speaking to their tech guys,I have activated an option in Cubase to allow this.I still can't get Digital Ear to work with the sequencer though.What do I need to do?How should I route things?Presumably audio should go into Digital Ear,then out to Midi Yoke (say Midi Yoke channel 1)then out of Midi Yoke(channel 1?) into a midi channel on Cubase where the midi notes could then be played by a virtual instrument or sent to my synth.This isn't happening at present and despite my best efforts is driving me bananas.How do I do it?
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: How do I use Midi Yoke with Digital Ear?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 6:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't have Digital Ear, so I am not going to be able to help with that.  

Quote:
Presumably audio should go into Digital Ear,then out to Midi Yoke (say Midi Yoke channel 1)then out of Midi Yoke(channel 1?) into a midi channel on Cubase where the midi notes could then be played by a virtual instrument or sent to my synth.

MIDI Yoke operates on MIDI, not Audio, so I'll have to assume you mean MIDI.  MIDI Yoke presents 8 Ports of 16 channels, so you would go OUT MIDI Yoke 1 port and then IN MIDI Yoke 1 port on Cubase.  Download and install MIDI-OX to confirm that MIDI data is flowing (substitute MIDI-OX for Cubase in that test).
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.