User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Midi-Yoke and Cubase SX »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 4:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Midi-Yoke and Cubase SX
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Midi-Yoke and Cubase SX  (Read 2004 times)
Byrdland

MIDI-OX Rules!

Midi-Yoke and Cubase SX
« on: Oct 30th, 2005, 6:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello!

I wanted to use an vst Instrument to play drums in PG-Musics Band in a Box. I chose Midi-yoke NT out 1  in Band in a Box and Midi-yoke nt Input 1 in Cubase SX. It works, but when I start he plays the whole MIDI Channels over the Drumset (Bass, Guitar, Piano etc..) and he plays only if I "arm" the channel for recording.  
Does anyone know what to do? Only Channel 10 shoud be played by the vst Instrument, the other ones over my Hardware Synth which is plugged in a Midiman USB 2x2 Controller.

cu

Byrdland
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

Re: Midi-Yoke and Cubase SX
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30th, 2005, 7:36am »

Sounds like you need some help using Cubase, rather than MIDI Yoke.  Have you tried asking on the Cubase forums?
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Byrdland

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30th, 2005, 10:59am »

Hi,  

No, I didn´t... maybe I should do this.
Is there a chance to patch only one Channel in Midi-Yoke for example Ch. 10?

c ya

Byrdland
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

« Reply #3 on: Oct 30th, 2005, 1:40pm »

MIDI Yoke works as a virtual MIDI cable.  Any data you put in one end gets to the other end.

If you want to filter the data - that is, you want to cut out some of the data you send - you need to use something like MIDI OX (as well).  MIDI OX lets you transform and filter MIDI data in many interesting ways.

Can't you route MIDI channels inside Cubase?
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2005, 1:41pm by Peter L Jones » IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Byrdland

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31st, 2005, 9:00am »

on Oct 30th, 2005, 1:40pm, Peter L Jones wrote:
MIDI Yoke works as a virtual MIDI cable.  Any data you put in one end gets to the other end.

If you want to filter the data - that is, you want to cut out some of the data you send - you need to use something like MIDI OX (as well).  MIDI OX lets you transform and filter MIDI data in many interesting ways.

I asked in the Midi Ox forum, but they said I need Midi Yoke.

Can't you route MIDI channels inside Cubase?

Normally that works fine, I don´t know why all the Instruments end in the Drum Track...  so I try these two possibilities, routing in Cubase or filtering in Midi OX.... thx

cu

Byrdland
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.