User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - yoke cubase sx please take a look »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 6:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   yoke cubase sx please take a look
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: yoke cubase sx please take a look  (Read 1145 times)
jonrice

MIDI-OX Rules!

yoke cubase sx please take a look
« on: Dec 21st, 2004, 5:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I’m having some trouble with Mousekeybaord\Midi Yoke. It seems to be installed correctly all the ports are showing in Cubase SX.

I can play my sound cards soft snth thru it no problem but when I open Cubase and load  
Vb-1 and try to play it via Mousekeyboard nothing happens?

When I open up my midi track in cubase and play Mousekeyboard you can see the keys being hit within the midi track but no sound from the Vb-1.

I have read the on line article explaining how to set up midiyoke and re-installed it too.

I have checked my drivers under audio legacy and midiyoke is there and working properly.

I assume u set up as follows  

Mousekeyboard out-(Midi yoke NT 1)-Cubase in-(Midi yoke NT 1)-Cubase out-(VB-1).

Can anyone help out, could it be I’m missing something obvious.
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: yoke cubase sx please take a look
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 2:36am »

Sorry, but I don't have Cubase, but you can easily verify that MIDI Yoke is working properly (it sounds like it is installed correctly).

Download and install MIDI-OX.  Open MIDI-OX and choose MIDI Yoke 1 as the Output port (Options | MIDI Devices...).  Open a 2nd instance of MIDI-OX and choose MIDI Yoke 1 as the Input port.  In the 2nd instance, open the View | Input Monitor.... Back in the 1st instance, open the View | MIDI Status... Window, click in a cell and drag the slider.    

You should see data being transfered from the 1st to 2nd instances.  If so, MIDI Yoke is doing it's thing.  You should ask on some Steinberg forum for help about how to configure their software.
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

jonrice

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 4:44am »

Thank you I will do that right away and let you know.
IP Logged
jonrice

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 7:33am »

ok have got it working it was not set up on my sound card midi device.silly me....

one more thing i assume u can record the midi going into cubase via the mouse and computer keyboard if the answers yes how would one do that.

when i press record in cubase then open up mousekeyboard the recording stops prob missing something simple

cheers
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 1:18pm »

Data coming from the MIDI Yoke driver is identical and equivalent to data coming in from any MIDI hardware driver, so the answer to your question lies in "how do you record MIDI in Cubase?"
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.