User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - midiyoke and gigastudio workaround »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 6:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   midiyoke and gigastudio workaround
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: midiyoke and gigastudio workaround  (Read 918 times)
gugliel

MIDI-OX Rules!

midiyoke and gigastudio workaround
« on: Aug 27th, 2004, 4:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Others have gotten 100% utilization trying to make midiyoke and gigastudio co-exist -- there was information here about registry changes for gigastudio midi ins to help fix it -- but those changes seemed a little scary, though reasonable,  and not permanent.      

One additional trick that is working for me is to start up a 'listener' on the midi in port used by gigastudio BEFORE starting gigastudio, then there is no problem using both together.   I'm using 'midimon' from the midi-utilities-for-windows package, but probably anything that accesses the midi in port before gigastudio tries to lock it will work.    

If I start GS first, however, then the midimon reports 'can not access midi port'.    Now using midiyoke and GigaStudio 2.5  successfully in my regular work with 4 GS port and passing 4 midiyoke ports across an ethernet to another computer!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.