User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - XP Pro Headless Problems »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 8:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   XP Pro Headless Problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: XP Pro Headless Problems  (Read 996 times)
brothersean

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

XP Pro Headless Problems
« on: Feb 8th, 2004, 6:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I initally installed Midi Yoke on my XP Pro system (with a monitor) and everthing worked fine. I use Ableton's Live software on my XP Pro machine and when I play live shows with it I connect to it via Remote Desktop Protocal from a laptop. Therefore the XP Pro machine is run Headless (without monitor) in live situations and with a monitor when I work with it in the studio. The problem I'm having is that the Midi Yoke driver is not recognized in the headless situation but works fine when I have the monitor installed. Any ideas on what could be the cause of this?

I have tried disabling my display driver (nvidia GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU) but that didn't work. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Midi Yoke Several times, didn't work. Also tried the Maple Virtual Midi Cable but had the same problems there, in the headless system XP couldn't find the driver.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

thanks,
kevin mcpeak
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: XP Pro Headless Problems
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 10:37pm »

I'm not sure if it applies to your situation, but when I use Remote desktop to connect to my machine at work, no MIDI drivers whatsoever are available (not just virtual) on the target machine, although Audio drivers work in a degraded fashion.

IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

brothersean

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

Re: XP Pro Headless Problems
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 11:13pm »

Microsoft mentions issues with midi and remote desktop on their site but the strange thing with my situation is: If I start my XP Pro machine with a monitor plugged in and then after it's all up and running unplug the monitor and plug it into my windows 2000 machine and then connect from my Win 2000 machine to my XP Pro machine via remote desktop Midi Yoke works fine. It's only when I start the XP Pro machine up without a monitor and then try to connect to it via Remote Desktop from the Win 2000 machine does Midi Yoke not work. Very strange... If it helps my XP Pro machine is a SN41G2 XPC (shuttle.com makes these things)

thanks for you reply,
Kevin McPeak
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.