User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Latency »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 8:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Latency
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Latency  (Read 1003 times)
mrzee

MIDI-OX Rules!

Latency
« on: Jan 6th, 2004, 3:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm new to this game so forgive my ignorance. I am using Reason 2.0 with MIDI YOKE NT to support my newly downloaded BOME keyboard. Running Windows XP. Basic sound/video card (I know, will get a decent one asap!) that came with my motherboard. Latency (big style) when I use the keyboard through Reason. No problems playing it just through Windows.  

Go on, what's the really simple solution? You better write the answer like you are talking to a 2 year old!
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

Re: Latency
« Reply #1 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 6:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You've not said what the MIDI routing is through Reason.  (Actually, I don't know Reason - I thought it didn't do MIDI?)  But the answer is usually "buffer size" in one shape or form.  If Reason is rendering MIDI to audio, then you want ASIO support and a small audio buffer size (well under 100ms).
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.