User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Midi data not being routed »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 8:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Midi data not being routed
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Midi data not being routed  (Read 1065 times)
Boris

MIDI-OX Rules!

Midi data not being routed
« on: Oct 28th, 2003, 4:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ive just upgraded my PC with a ECS system board,AMD athalon XP and NVIDIA GEforce FX5200 graphics card.
The sound card is the same, an audigy player as is the OS windows 2000. Prior to my upgrade I was using midiox with the midi yoke NT  ports and it worked fine. The situation now is that midiox and the midi yoke ports install and everything seems to work according to midiox. My midi keyboard inputs to midiox using the audigy midi input with no problem at all (I see note on off etc). MidiOx also reports that it is passing data to the Midi yoke NT port 1, This is the stange thing I can't get any midi application to recieve data from the yoke although it can be selected as an input on all the programs.  
Ive tried sonar 2.2, Vienna 2.3, Creative keyboard from Audigy HQ and soundfaction alive and none of them will except data from the listed midi yoke  NT 1 port. To add to the mystery hubi's works fine using the midi yoke NT ports and filters my required data (But I want to use MIDIOX  Sad ) Ive installed a  basic W2k build with SP4 and using the standard VGA display,  audigy drivers and software only I still can't get it to work help!.
Thanks in advance  

p.s ive tried the beta version of midiox as well
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Midi data not being routed
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 12:40pm »

To see if MIDI Yoke itself is working try this experiment...  Open MIDI-OX. Open MIDI Bar (Actions | Play MIDI...).  In MIDI Bar, choose MIDI Yoke NT1 as Output, and Load a MIDI File.  In MIDI-OX choose MIDI Yoke NT1 as Input, and your SB Audigy Synth as Output.  Play the MIDI File from MIDI Bar:  does the data appear in MIDI-OX?  If so, MIDI Yoke is working properly.

To check your normal routing in MIDI-OX, open Options | MIDI Devices...  expand your output port in the Port Mapping pane.  MIDI Yoke NT1 should be listed underneath the output port at the same level as MIDI-OX Events.  If it is listed, expand it and ensure that all channels and events are being passed along.  If it is not listed, drag it up from the Port Map Objects and drop it on the output port.

IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Boris

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 4:36pm »

Hi
Thanks for replying so quickly. I tried the midi file test from the midi bar and it played and the data appeared in the window so that works. I've checked everything is correct in the port mapping pane. The MIDI yoke NT :1 is the output and when expanded it shows the SB Audigy MIDI port (C000) and MIDI-OX Events. Both of these have all the channels and systems listed. So I'm a bit stumped MIDI-OX can past data from my external keyboard to another copy of MIDIOX using the SB audigy in port then out on MIDI yoke NT:1 in again on MIDI yoke NT :2 and out to the soundfont device SB Audigy synth A. Then HUBI's works using the same MIDI yokes ??. It seems that none of my progams  (Sonar 2.2, Vienna etc)will except an input from a MIDI yoke NT port if it is MIDIOX that is presenting it.  Could it be the system board, processor or graphics card that are incompatible?.  
Your Hopefully
Simon  
P.S even tried windows 2000 without SP4 and then SP3 then none at all.
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 9:17pm »

I can't speak too much about Vienna, but I'm pretty familiar with SONAR.  From your report, it sounds to me like MIDI Yoke is working properly.  I'll describe a typical routing through MIDI-OX.  You attach your keyboard via SB Audigy MIDI In and open that in MIDI-OX as Input.  You select MIDI Yoke 1 NT as Output from MIDI-OX.  You select MIDI Yoke NT1 as a MIDI Input Port in SONAR.  You select your Audigy Soundfont Synth A  as Output from SONAR.  You create or Select a MIDI Track in SONAR and set it's input to MIDI Yoke 1 NT, and it's Output to the Audigy Synth A.  You select that track by clicking on the track number so that it becomes the current track.  

You play your MIDI keyboard.  Data should display in MIDI-OX and lights should flash in the SONAR MIDI Indicator in the tray (both input and output). You should hear the Audigy synth.  If you ARM the MIDI track and press Record, MIDI data should be recorded on the track.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2003, 9:19pm by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.