User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Newbie question »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 8:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Newbie question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie question  (Read 1029 times)
Berty_Basset

MIDI-OX Rules!

Newbie question
« on: Sep 28th, 2003, 12:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

Don't really know anything about virtual midi cables, in the past i've only ever used Cubase on its own.

Anyway, i'm currently using Cubase 5 on Windows Xp. I'm thinking of buying Acid 4 and would like to be able to sync them together so that when i press play on Cubase it also starts Acid playing at the same tempo, nothing more complex than that.

Would midi yoke enable me to do this , and if so, would it be simple to set up ? If not, is there any other easy way to achieve this ?  

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2003, 12:52pm by Berty_Basset » IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 1:37pm »

Some things to find out: do both Cubase and Acid support MIDI Time Code (Cubase as Master and Acid as slave)?  If so, you can sync them, but you'll have to set the tempo in each as MTC only syncs absolute time.  Or else, do both support MIDI Sync (MIDI Clock)?  MIDI Sync synchronizes tempos, but is less accurate than MTC.  If you are still good to go, MIDI Yoke will pass along either protocol from one application to another.

IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

noder

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

Re: Newbie question
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2004, 3:49am »

dont bother with acid get yourself a newer version of cubase like xl or xs v1.6 , sounds good it is good and crash your tracks though that.. i played with a lot of stuff in my time  
if you need to wave edit you have some good tools here u just need to know how to use em, try wave lab lite it does the job
bo oo xx f7 41 bye Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.