User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Virus INFECTED Trojan Horse MIDI YOKE ??! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 8:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Virus INFECTED Trojan Horse MIDI YOKE ??!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Virus INFECTED Trojan Horse MIDI YOKE ??!  (Read 2742 times)
scooterm

MIDI-OX Rules!

Virus INFECTED Trojan Horse MIDI YOKE ??!
« on: Jul 27th, 2003, 3:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Shocked

I installed a 'spyware' detector on my machine the other day, and it says that MIDI YOKE (myokent.dll) is trying to access the network *every time* I open a browser window or go on to the Internet!!

What is going on?? Is this a virus-infected dll? Why is MIDI YOKE doing anything at all when I try to browse a website?

IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Virus INFECTED Trojan Horse MIDI YOKE ??!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31st, 2003, 1:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have never heard another report of this, and I guarantee that our distributed version is free of viruses, trojans, spyware etc.  Norton Internet Security finds nothing strange about it either.  However, its always possible, that your driver has been infected by something on your machine.  

The size of the distributed version is: 29,696 bytes (29 KB), it is dated 7/18/2002 and shows a version number of 1.71.0.19.

I can assure you this tiny little driver has no knowledge or awareness of the existence of any network or internet.

If you have even the slightest misgivings about MIDI Yoke or any of our software. I encourage you to remove it from your machine.

« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2003, 1:28am by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.