User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - MIDI Channels »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 10:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   MIDI Channels
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MIDI Channels  (Read 1126 times)
billyray

MIDI-OX Rules!

MIDI Channels
« on: Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Undecided From what I see in the other postings here, I am alone with this question or maybe just desperately behind! I am able to use MIDI Yoke to pass MIDI data to Software Synths and external devices (via soundcard), but seem to be unable to use the MIDI "channels", i.e. I can only select one sound on the synth eventhough I have multiple midi tracks in the sequencer. In other words, the symbols, bass drum and snare cannot all be controlled individually on a single MIDI channel. If I do not use MIDI yoke, this is not true. I am running Windows 2000.

From how I understand it, for each MIDI port I can control 16 channels on the allocated synth?
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: MIDI Channels
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2002, 1:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
From how I understand it, for each MIDI port I can control 16 channels on the allocated synth?

That is true, as long as events are set to different channels, and the target Synth is in multi-timbral mode.

Quote:
I can only select one sound on the synth eventhough I have multiple midi tracks in the sequencer.

Make sure each track in the sequencer is set to send MIDI on a different channel, and each track issues a MIDI program (patch) change.  You can open up an instance of MIDI-OX on the other side of the MIDI Yoke port to verify that you are receiving chanellized data.  
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.