User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - changed mappings »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 10:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   changed mappings
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: changed mappings  (Read 1086 times)
sallen

MIDI-OX Rules!

changed mappings
« on: Aug 16th, 2002, 8:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey everyone. i'm not sure what has happened here, i installed midi yoke (midiox too) and i'm suddenly confronted with a problem. it works great for linking my arpx together with reason, but the problem is that my remote mapping has changed. i'm using an oxygen 8 controller keyboard and the default mappings for some of the knobs hasn't changed, but the few that i actually usually assign are now assigned to in partculiar the mod wheel and expression. reason will not let me reassign them and previous to the midi.. install had no problems. i've always hated all the setup involoved with midi and reason was a dream from that stand point. oxygen 8 has a volitile memory so the thought of having to reasign everything just to work on a song really sucks! am i missing something here? i have grown really comfortable with the ease of the environment that i've been working in and as a last resort would even uninstall midi yoke. i really like being able to create arps. though and hope that i'm just missing something obvious. thaks for any help!
IP Logged
sallen

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: changed mappings
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17th, 2002, 3:06pm »

ok sorry i was just a bit tired. just needed to enable remote mapping under adv. midi prefs. in reason. life is good again!
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: changed mappings
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17th, 2002, 9:30pm »

Great.  In case you were wondering, MIDI Yoke will not perform any mapping or changing of the data stream except in one situtation.  

The exception is with applications that issue running status, or that bundle up normal MIDI events into buffers.  For those applications, MIDI Yoke must fill in the status and/or parse the buffers and recreate short events for the next application in the chain.
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.