User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Sibelius  and Reason »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 8:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke NT
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Sibelius  and Reason
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sibelius  and Reason  (Read 1194 times)
fraggy

MIDI-OX Rules!

Sibelius  and Reason
« on: Aug 1st, 2002, 4:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi

i just installed midi yoke  and things seem to being going ok

my aim  is to control  Reason 2 via  the notation software  Sibelius  

so  far i have not been able to get multi- synths from within Sibelius  i'm probably not sounding very clear because i am not really experienced on the technical side but in musical terms this is what i would like to do for example i load 4 sample modules in Reason say a string quartet  violin viola cello   now i would like to be able to use Sibelius to notate

so far i have been able to get only one  module  i hope i am just overlooking something obvious   would really appreciate any help because Sibelius really is my Favorite notation software

cheers

fraggy
IP Logged
fraggy

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: Sibelius  and Reason
« Reply #1 on: Aug 1st, 2002, 6:42pm »

hi

never mind i worked it out

thanx jamie for a great tool here  for me its great to have Sibelius and Reason working together  just wondering can i now have  these to programs going into Cubase SX?

cheers
      fraggy
IP Logged
Peter

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

Re: Sibelius  and Reason
« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 4:41am »

Cool  This sounds similar to what I've been trying to do.  I use Logic Audio but I much prefer Sibelius 2 for notaton instead of the notation in Logic.  My goal is to use Midi Yoke NT to make Sibelius act as the master and Logic as the slave.  I too am quite new to all this technical stuff, and new to Logic Audio as well (also new to windows!).  But as opposed to recording my music in Logic FIRST and then having it notate in Sibelius, I'd like to compose FIRST on sibelius and then have it play through some great samples in the EXS24 software sampler within logic.  I used to have to compose on Sibelius, make it into a Standard midi file, import the file into logic, wher I'd inevitably end up having to edit the midi due to incorrect translations when bouncing the original notation to the SMF.  Thus, I'd love to use Midi Yoke to have my notation played directly by an audio instrument, but it's confusing the heck out of me.  Any suggestions?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.