User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - DevCapsOut again »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 8:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   MIDI-OX Bug List
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   DevCapsOut again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DevCapsOut again  (Read 3766 times)
garethfry

MIDI-OX Rules!

DevCapsOut again
« on: Oct 20th, 2004, 8:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm having an issue with MIDI-OX reporting a DevCapsOut error, but am not getting multiple devices appearing.

I'm using an M-audio Oxygen8 keyboard.  Everthing worked fine for a week, then for no reason, and with absolutely no change to the system, MIDI-OX is reporting this error message everytime it opens.
"DevCapsOut: Unknown device: A device id has been used that is out of range for your system".  

Clicking OK opens the config file, but all cables have dissapeared, and hence nothing works!

I'm guessing this is some USB driver thing, as me inserting a USB memory stick generates the same error (and clears all the cables again) when MIDI-OX closes and reopens its ports.

Am curious as to how this has occured as sytem has not been touched.  Any ideas?  Have tried rebuilding the config file but to no avail.

Am using an Acer laptop Centrino 1.6 with WinXP SP2.
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: DevCapsOut again
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2004, 6:29pm »

Is it possible you inserted the USB cable into a different port than it had been placed the first time?  If so, some drivers might be re-installed, but leaving the old ones in place without proper hardware backing.  Maybe you can force a de-install of the driver on all but a single USB port.

Contact the company you paid money to (MIDIMan?) for assistance.

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2004, 6:30pm by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

garethfry

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29th, 2004, 7:37pm »

I've encountered the USB port - reinstall drivers many times before, so now I label my USB ports so that the same device is always on the same port.  I have this problem even when I restaert the computer without disconnecting the devices.  I'm not having to reinstall the drivers.
IP Logged
beatpete

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 2:19pm »

Has anyone managed to avoid the "DevCaps" message yet? It's annoying because I can't run midiox from my start menu. It's frustrating because I remember getting this message about a year ago and I fixed but I can't remember what I did...
IP Logged
beatpete

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 11:49am »

I got it sorted out! I went into the registry (courtesy of a link to an article on RME's site from this forum, thanks) and deleted an old Yamaha USB driver I'm not using anymore and, voila, no more DevCaps problems! Thanks to everyone foe the help and links...
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 6:19pm »

Yamaha UX256 is the USB device that gave me trouble.  
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Andrew Koenig

MIDI-OX Rules!

Problem solved?
« Reply #6 on: Aug 20th, 2006, 3:29pm »

I believe that if you download and install the latest Yamaha USB MIDI driver, it will fix the problem.  You can find the driver at http://www.global.yamaha.com/download/usb_midi/.  When you run the self-extracting executable, it will create a subfolder with a removal program; run that first, then install the new driver.

It worked for me, anyway.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2006, 3:31pm by Andrew Koenig » IP Logged

Andrew Koenig
http://www.acceleratedcpp.com/authors/koenig
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.