User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Increment Program Change »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 8:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Mapping Questions
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Increment Program Change
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Increment Program Change  (Read 143 times)
jimenez

MIDI-OX Rules!

Increment Program Change
« on: Jul 29th, 2024, 5:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

I'm using MidiOX to drive a visual synth from my edrums. The visual synth has presets, and can be selected with CC midi message. Is there a way to increment (or decrement) output here:

thanks,
Luis
IP Logged
Breath
Administrator

Re: Increment Program Change
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2024, 9:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi
What you need to turn on and off or increment and decrement is the ability for the program to remember what messages you have sent.

In your case, it can't increment to 4 if it doesn't know you are at 3 now.
The datamap function in MidiOx has no memory of the Midi messages sent, BUT you can use scripting instead to do this.

There is a script example of mine that uses MS JScript to remember the last state the switch was in (On or Off) and reverses it when it receives the message again (toggle switch).  
It should be a fairly simple thing to change it to increment instead of swapping states, then copy that woring code code and make it decrement the value when it received a certain different CC message.

The example is here  
http://www.midiox.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=MOXScript;action=displa y;num=1657511134;start=0#0

I hope that helps
Royce
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.