User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Velocity splitting »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 8:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Mapping Questions
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Velocity splitting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Velocity splitting  (Read 2371 times)
good2c

Email

Velocity splitting
« on: Apr 26th, 2002, 3:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,

I tried to create a velocity split (for XG), but Note Off mapping doesn't work  Huh ... a bug?

Find out more at: http://good2c.tripod.com/mox/mox.htm
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Velocity splitting
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27th, 2002, 5:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Many MIDI devices implement Note Offs by issuing a Note On with 0 (zero) velocity.  So you have to account for both types of Note Off when creating a velocity mapping.

This is why I also never include the velocity value of 0 in a Note On mapping.

In your example (on your web-site), the Note Offs are implemented by Note Ons with 0 velocity.  To get the effect you want, you need to add another mapping:
1 NoteOn  *  *  0  0 x | 2  * *  *  *  *  
Of course, that will add an extra Note Off -- to avoid that, don't clone it.

Regarding the spacing in the dialog: that does appear to be a bug,  I wonder why it spaces average character widths wider than normal on your machine?  Do you have an extra wide default font set up?

« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2002, 6:16pm by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

good2c

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28th, 2002, 7:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the advice – the velocity split works now (not a bug at all, sorry!)  Wink

As for the Translation Map dialog, I’m not really sure where to check the default font or the width of it… I'm using Windows 98, so I opened Display Properties and clicked the Advanced button under the Settings tab, which takes me to the display driver's properties. The font size specified there is Normal size (100%) at 96 pixels per inch. My average character widths don’t seem to be spaced wider than normal elsewhere, but maybe you can tell me where to check/change the default font? I’d like to do that anyway Smiley

Thanks!
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28th, 2002, 2:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I moved the topic to Mapping Questions so that other folks might get help from it.

I don't have the ultimate answer for the layout problem in the map dialog, but I have changed some of the code that does the layout.  So this may be fixed in the next version.
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.